CRICOVA WINE

The history of the “Cricova” Associated Wine Factory begins in 1952. There was a shortage of facilities for the storage and ageing of wines at that time in the Republic of Moldova. Following long searches, two outstanding personalities of Moldovan winemaking, Petru Ungureanu and Nicolae Sobolev, suggested to use the galleries resulting from building stone extraction as warehouses for the storage of wine. Before long it turned out that the wines produced at the Cricova Associated Wine Factory and aged in the underground silence possessed exceptional qualities.